- Location: Talcott, WV
- Duration: Participant driven, duration ranges one month to one year.
- Pay: $600 biweekly stipend
- Hours per Week: 25-30
- Please email Tj@sproutingfarms.org for an application and details.
Grow your own farm at Sprouting Farms.
Are you looking to start or grow your farm business?
Join our Sprouting Farms team as an incubator!
Incubators can lease high tunnels and field space with access to our resources, including irrigation, supplies, equipment, growing inputs, and support with GAP and other certifications.
Shared Greenhouse Space
Please consider your experience thoughtfully. All applicants are expected to:
- Have prier farming experience as determined by our farm manager, if not enrolling as an apprentice
- Share an interest in sustainable, organic production techniques
- Develop a farm or agricultural business idea or concept
- Be a respectful and engaged part of the farm team
- Work cooperatively and respect other land users on site
- Follow food safety and GAP protocols
- Signed lease on file
- 100ft high tunnel, $30/mo,
- 200ft high tunnel, $60/mo
- (tenants pay an additional $5/mo for water)
- 100ft beds of organic growing land
- Up to one acre
- Cost included in high tunnel and field leases
- 2200 square feet
- Seasonally heated
Community and Food Access Program
Every West Virginian, regardless of income level, should have access to healthy, local food.
Sprouting Farms’ Community and Food Access Program connects local producers' produce and products to low-income and food insecure communities. We support local growers and producers while providing access to healthy affordable food to senior centers, food pantries, clinics, and more. Our community outreach events center around nutrition, physical activity, supporting our local food system, and fun!
Community Outreach and Education
Sprouting Farms provides cooking classes and nutrition resources, alongside physical activity events, to encourage healthy living and a healthy community.
Check out our Facebook page for what events are coming up!
Community Day will be the second Saturday of each month June-September! 12pm-4pm
The days will include art vendors, yoga classes, animal swaps, food, music, and the farm stand will be open.
Through our farm stand and mobile farmers market, Sprouting Farms connects members of our community—especially those experiencing food insecurity—with fresh produce and products from local farmers. We participate in all state and federal supplemental nutrition programs such as Senior Vouchers, WIC Vouchers, EBT, and SNAP Stretch giving EBT shoppers 50-75% off fruits and vegetables.
The farm stand is open Monday-Friday 9am-4pm, located at the front of the barn on the farm in Talcott, WV. 4661 Route 3 and 12 Talcott, WV 24981
Our mobile farmers market summer schedule is below!